United MileagePlus Explorer Card by Chase
The United MileagePlus Explorer Card is United’s entry-level and most popular credit card. United has improved the Explorer card so much that it is considered bone if the best. The high sign-up bonus makes it even more attractive.
Along with the usual free checked bag and priority boarding, the United MileagePlus Explorer Card also comes with high end hotel perks and club passes. If United is a convenient airline for you, this card is a great fit.
$95, waived the first year
You can apply for a United MileagePlus Explorer Card by Chase with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 MileagePlus miles after a $2,000 minimum spend in three months. Often, the bonus goes down to 30,000 miles, usually after a $1,000 minimum spend in the first three months. The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year.
- 2 points per dollar spent on United
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
What Do Your Points Get You?
United miles are valuable for two main reasons:
- Access to the 26 other airlines in the Star Alliance
- A better priced award chart than many of its alliance partners
United miles can truly get you all over the world thanks to regional partners such as Aegean Airlines, Croatian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and Air New Zealand.
Two United Club passes for every year. Free initially checked bag on flights booked with the card and associated with the MileagePlus number of the cardholder for the voyager and one friend. The cardholder and all partners on a similar agenda get need loaded up. No outside exchange expenses on buys Book any seat on the plane as a honor situate, notwithstanding when there are no honor situates left or power outage dates are as a result, by marking in with your MileagePlus number before hunting Cardholder is qualified down complimentary overhauls on grant tickets on United-worked flights when accessible 10,000 extra miles in the wake of burning through $25,000 every year
Keep in mind:
- Itinerary holds aren’t free
- $75 fee for bookings less than 21 days before departure
- $75 change fee
- $200 cancellation fee (lower for elite status holders)
Additional Cardholder Benefits
- Purchase protection
- Concierge service
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Auto rental collision and damage waiver
- Eligible for Chase Inside Access events, such as celebrity chef tastings and exclusive sports and fashion events
- Extended warranty protection
- Return protection
- Price protection
- Complimentary privileges at Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection Hotels, including daily breakfast for two, room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out, and an additional amenity such as lunch or dinner, a spa treatment, welcome gift, or airport transfers, when the hotel is booked with the card