There is an easy and (relatively) quick way to get $530 off your next trip. The $530 can be used for your flight, hotel, or any other travel related expense. All it takes is one piece of plastic to get a free $530 towards your next trip.
Capital One Venture 50,000-Mile Offer
The Capital One Venture card comes with 50,000 Venture miles (worth $500 in travel and $530 after minimum spending) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
In addition to the valuable sign-up bonus, you’ll get:
- 2 Venture miles per $1 you spend on all purchases
- 10 Venture miles per $1 you spend on hotel stays booked through this Hotels.com link (through January 31, 2020)
- NO foreign transaction fees
The card has a $95 annual fee, which is waived the first year. That means you can try it out and see if it is worth keeping the next year.
The card also comes with Visa Signature Benefits, which include:
- Rental car insurance – Secondary protection against collision or vehicle theft
- Travel accident insurance – Up to $250,000 insurance for accidental loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing
- Lost luggage insurance – Up to $3,000 per trip, provided the luggage was lost from theft or misdirection by the airline, cruise, etc.
We Use Our Capital One Venture Miles For A Family Trip To Cuba Last Year
You can use your miles for almost any type of travel purchase, such as uber/taxi rides, hotels, room service, and flights. Redeeming your miles is simple! Just pay for the travel expense with your card. Then, you have 90 days to sign-in to your online account, find the travel purchase, and “erase” it with your miles!
If you have a trip coming up and want to save an easy $530, this card is perfect for you.
It’s Fast and Easy to Redeem Venture Miles to Save on Travel Purchases! Just Log-In to Your Account and Quickly Use Miles to Erase All or Part of Your Expense!
Before Applying, Here Are 4 Tips to Increase Your Chances of an Approval for the Capital One Venture Card
1. Check Your Credit Report and Score
Capital One suggests you only apply for the Capital One Venture card if you have “excellent credit.” The bank says you have excellent credit if you:
- Never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan
- Have NOT been more than 60 days late on a loan in the past year
- Have a credit score of 700 or higher
2. Capital One Has Credit Card Limits
Capital One is known to automatically decline people if they have more than 2 personal cards with the bank. So, for example, if you already have the two Capital One credit cards, it’s unlikely you’ll be approved for the Capital One Venture card.
3. Be Sure You Don’t Have a Freeze on Your Equifax Report
Capital One pulls from all 3 main credit bureaus when they process your application. Meanwhile most banks, like Chase and American Express, only pull from one.
Some people place a security freeze on their credit reports to prevent identity theft.
4. Call Capital One If You Don’t Receive an Instant Approval
If you’re declined for a card, it’s worth calling the bank and speaking to a credit representative to find out what’s going on. When calling, remember to always be friendly. Be able to explain why you’re applying for the card (not just the sign-up bonus!).
If your credit card application is pending or denied, you can still get it approved. Follow the instructions on what to do if your credit card application is pending or denied.
What type of travel have you used the Capital One Venture card for?