United MileagePlus Explorer Card by Chase
The United MileagePlus Explorer Card is United’s entry-level and most popular credit card. United has improved the Explorer card so much that it is considered bone if the best. The high sign-up bonus makes it even more attractive.
Along with the usual free checked bag and priority boarding, the United MileagePlus Explorer Card also comes with high end hotel perks and club passes. If United is a convenient airline for you, this 犀利士
card is a great fit.
$95, waived the first year
You can apply for a United MileagePlus Explorer Card by Chase with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 MileagePlus miles after a $2,000 minimum spend in three months. Often, the bonus goes down to 30,000 miles, usually after a $1,000 minimum spend in the first three months. The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year.
- 2 points per dollar spent on United
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
What Do Your Points Get You?
United miles are valuable for two main reasons:
- Access to the 26 other airlines in the Star Alliance
- A better priced award chart than many of its alliance partners
United miles can truly get you all over the world thanks to regional partners such as Aegean Airlines, Croatian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and Air New Zealand.
- Two United Club passes per year
- Free first checked bag on flights booked with the card and connected to the MileagePlus number of the cardholder for the traveler and one companion
- The cardholder and all companions on the same itinerary receive priority boarding
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Book any seat on the plane as an award seat, even when there are no award seats left or blackout dates are in effect, by signing in with your MileagePlus number before searching
- Cardholder is eligible for complimentary upgrades on award tickets on United-operated flights when available
- 10,000 bonus miles after spending $25,000 per year
Keep in mind:
- Itinerary holds aren’t free
- $75 fee for bookings less than 21 days before departure
- $75 change fee
- $200 cancellation fee (lower for elite status holders)
Additional Cardholder Benefits
- Purchase protection
- Concierge service
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Auto rental collision and damage waiver
- Eligible for Chase Inside Access events, such as celebrity chef tastings and exclusive sports and fashion events
- Extended warranty protection
- Return protection
- Price protection
- Complimentary privileges at Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection Hotels, including daily breakfast for two, room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out, and an additional amenity such as lunch or dinner, a spa treatment, welcome gift, or airport transfers, when the hotel is booked with the card