United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card
The standard sign-up bonus with the Explorer Business card is 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
An excellent benefit that comes with this card is an additional 10,000-mile bonus every year when you spend at least $25,000. That works out to a little over $2,000 a month.
- 2 miles per dollar spent with United and for restaurants, gas and office supplies
- 1 mile per dollar for all other purchases
Benefits of Miles
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which means that you can book a flight through the MileagePlus program on any of its 26 member airlines. United Airlines also partners with 13 other airlines. With United’s extensive network, you will be able to get anywhere in the world with your united miles.
The MileagePlus program has separate award charts for United flights and partner airlines. The economy award flights are competitively priced on both charts, business and first class awards on partner airlines are almost always inflated.
- Two United Club lounge passes every year
- Double miles for a variety of purchases, including gas
- Miles don’t expire
- Free checked bag
- Priority boarding
- Annual bonus for reaching a minimum spend
- No foreign transaction fees
Keep in Mind:
- Must be a small business owner or independent contractor to qualify for the card
- $75 close-in booking fee
- $75 to $100 change fee
- $200 fee for redepositing miles after cancelling
What can your miles do for you?
Additional Cardholder Benefits
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Concierge service
- Purchase and price protection
- Free employee cards
- Exclusive events from Inside Access